Game Artist – i2Play Interactive10 Aug 2015
Company: i2Play Interactive
I2Play’s brainchild, Spicetoons is the first of its kind online multiplayer virtual world specially built and designed for children of 6-12 years age group. This platform is built on cutting-edge research in the field of ‘Gamification of Learning’. Our product is based on pioneering ideas from leading centres of education research including New York University, Michigan State University and Imperial College.
With only a few months since the launch, Spicetoons has already attracted attention among the parents and the children nationwide- with over 20,000+ users returning to the world regularly. The product was heavily appreciated for the concept and innovation at the FICCI BAF this year. Spicetoons walked away with the FICCI BAF Award in open category (Gaming) this awards season.
- Have at least 2 to 3 years experience in working on 2d and 3d games for mobile platforms.
- Have an art portfolio demonstrating a range of work and originality of style
- Be able to draw from life
- Have knowledge of anatomy and architecture
- Be able to convey facial expressions and emotions
- Have a flair for colour, composition, perspective, modelling and texturing techniques, lighting and mood
- Skills in comic book art and/or story-boarding is a great plus
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Be imaginative and creative
- Pay close attention to detail and have strong powers of observation
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work to a style guide
- Experience in Blender and Unity 3D is desired.
Please provide the list of software you are comfortable with based on your experience level in each of them.
- You create the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, objects, vehicles, surface textures, clothing, props, user interface components, concept art and storyboards.
Your job is to model, texture characters and objects to achieve the desired result
- There are various specialisms within the art department, including 3D object modelling, character design, textures, and environments. You are expected to be versatile in working on any of these. You might also create artwork for packages, promotional materials and websites.
- You should have specializations in design of one or more of the following – human figures, characters, buildings and landscapes, textures.
- You must be aware of the technical capabilities and limitations of the platform that the game will be played on. You should be ready to take on board feedback from Game Designers and QA Testers.
You should have one more talents as the following,
Concept Art- usually using traditional materials (e.g. pen and paper) rather than computer software, you sketch ideas for the game worlds, characters, objects, vehicles, furniture, clothing, etc. You also suggest level designs, colour schemes, and the mood and feel of the game.
3D Modelling- build the characters, objects and environments of the game, including life forms, scenery, vegetation, furniture, and vehicles, etc.
UI/2D/Texture Art- create and apply textures to characters, environments and game items, such as the surfaces of walls and floors of buildings, Ability to work on 2d art assets, also ability to work on UI elements for games as needed by Game Designers.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY FOR THE ABOVE OPEN POSITIONS AT email@example.com